Well its finally here!! Pumpkin season!! I love starbucks and the pumpkin spice latte as much as the next person, however my wallet hates it, and so does my body!! The amount of sugar and junky processed junk in it makes me feel sick! 😡 So i have decided to make my own!! I played around with the recipe and tweaked it a few times, so here is what I’ve come up with and it is REALLY good, and even my hubby loves it!! (instagram shot below) i literally made this up 2 days ago, and i really like it. hopefully you’ll try it and like it too! :p
Heres what you need
I’m linking the brands and products i personally used, feel free to use whatever you have / can find, including dairy vs dairy free milk!
2 tablespoons of organic canned pumpkin puree
1t of pumpkin pie spice mix
1t cinnamon plus more for the top
3 shots of espresso (i have this machine, but you can use whatever, or even just strong coffee!)
1.5 cups of whatever milk you prefer, i used this vanilla cashew milk
2 packets of stevia (or whatever sweetner you prefer)
whip cream, of course!! (not pictured and totally optional!! :p)
- first, make the espresso or coffee, set aside, and then steam the milk to get a nice foam, if you don’t have the espresso machine, follow these steps to get good foam w/o the machine!
- then, use a spoon to hold the foam in the cup and pour the warmed milk into a nutribullet, blender, or even food processor or handheld mixer.
- add remaining ingredients except while cream into the mixer and blend until its all mixed together nicely!
- then i put the mixture in the microwave, because i like my lattes HOT!
- add foam on top, and sprinkle with cinnamon
- add whip cream if you wish!! the latte pictured is my hubbys, he’s not a whip cream fan (crazy right?!)
THATS IT! Easy peasy. and super yummy!! my version has nothing artificial and is sugar / processed foods, free!! Tweak whatever you would like to get it to taste how you like it! This is super sweet because i personally don’t need it that sweet! 🙂 enjoy!!